Names of the Executive members of the Delhi section of the League of Devotees.
(1) Rai Bahudur Pandit Narain Das, 21 Pusha Road, N. Delhi
(2) Rai Sahale Seth Giridharilal, Bag Diwar, Delhi
(3) Seth Baseswar Nath, 9 Barkhnkakau Road, N. Delhi
(4) Sat Narayan Gurvala Malibara, Delhi
(5) Rai Sahale Ram Saran Das, 11 Ramanagar, N. Delhi
(6) Shri Makhanlal Gupta, _________, Delhi
(7) Shri Bipin Chandra Misra
(8) Lala Maha Sankar, Ramanagar
(9) Pandit A.C. Bhaktivedanta
(10) Lala Mohanlala Advocate, c/o Girohilal
(11) Shri Ram Prakash, ______, Chawn Bazar
(12) Shri Direndra Kumar, Siddhomal & Sons, Chawn Bazar
With reference to the inaugural meeting of the Delhi section of the League on 22/12/55 the gentlemen named above have been selected to be the executive members. The immediate programme of work is to find out some suitable place for the central office as also to provide the place of residence for the workers.
When I was at Jhansi, I was provided with a big palatial building to live in association with 40 workers who are being trained up for itinerary preaching work. The expenses were about Rs 1000/= per month. I approached the Gov't for help but even after one year no definite decision could be arrived at by the Govt and the matter is still pending. Jhansi was a poor place + I shifted to Delhi.
came to Delhi to give it a new life. Delhi is the only centre where from this cultural movement could immediately be given effect because it is the centre of international political, social educational & cultural movements. What I want to do immediately are as follows:--
(1) To hold consecutive meetings at different Mohallus & houses of Delhi for impressing the ideas of the mission.
(2) To give training to at least 7 to 10 educated young men in the "paramparalessonsofBhagwatGeeta" and then to "BrahmaSutra," Bhagwat & ChaitanyaCharitamrta.
(3) To publish an English monthly paper to sell specially to the English knowing heads of the society and to get printed some relative literatures __________.
A meeting of the executives has to be called for discussing the above subjects but before doing so I wish that all you gentlemen may kindly fill up the typed membership forms enclosed herewith -- so that following your foot prints other members of the public may _______ members of this institution in large numbers.