Meditations on the Infinite Qualities and Pastimes
Om Visnu-pada Paramahamsa Parivrajakacarya
Astottara Sata Sri Srimad
His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
by Paratrikananda dasa
41. Srila Prabhupada is my voice within. He counsels me despite my obstinacy. He preaches forever.
Devotee: Do you direct us also through the heart? Besides the Paramatma?
Prabhupada: If your heart is pure. Everything depends on purity. Whether there.
Morning Walk At Cheviot Hills Golf Course
Los Angeles, May 13, 1973
42. Srila Prabhupada is my CEO. He adroitly manages the massive complexities of Krsna’s corporate manifestation. He is the hallmark of executive expertise.
Therefore, you should try to keep yourself always informed how the financial matters are improving and keep your watchful eye on every feature of our Krishna Consciousness activity. That is also part of preaching work. I am also preaching daily. But I am at the same time managing everything, seeing the statements of accounts, going to the bank, giving advice on every topic, like that.
Srila Prabhupada letter
Los Angeles, July 1, 1972
They have to ask me, final decision is taken from me. From all over the world, from all over the world letters are coming some problem, some problem, some problem. Although I have got about twenty secretaries, still they have to consult, I have to give them advice.
Interview with Newsday Newspaper
New York, July 14, 1976
43. Srila Prabhupada is my diligent conservationist. Every penny, every grain of food, drop of water, breath of air and moment of time; every thought, word and action he carefully engages in the service of Krsna. He is the vigilant steward of his Lord’s estate.
You have not seen from the very beginning. They have seen. I worked very hard. Two times lectures, cooking, and meeting and twenty-four-hours writing book, typing. Not a single moment, and still I am not wasting single moment.…This is my childhood practice. I do not like to see anything wasted, nor I waste. I have told you many times that on the street I am going and seeing tap is open. I don't like to see. I stop. Why it should be wasted?
Mayapura, February 20, 1977
In our childhood, actually what I am doing, it was all taught in our childhood by our parents, my family. We were taught, "There is a grain of rice on the ground, and if it is touched by your feet, you should pick up the grain and touch on your head." This was our training. The idea behind -- that the grain of rice is not man-made. It is sent by God.
Melbourne, June 28, 1974
Saturday 22 January
Salt -- .15
Banana -- .22
Srila Prabhupada’s Diary
Saturday, January 22, 1966
44. Srila Prabhupada is my guilty conscience. I do not want to acknowledge my wrongs. He coerces me to change my ways.
When one is elevated to the platform of devotional service by the grace of the Lord and the spiritual master, one first regrets his past sinful activities. This helps one advance in spiritual life. The Visnudutas had given Ajamila the chance to become a pure devotee, and the duty of a pure devotee is to regret his past sinful activities in illicit sex, intoxication, meat-eating and gambling. Not only should one give up his past bad habits, but he must always regret his past sinful acts. This is the standard of pure devotion.
45. Srila Prabhupada is my renowned physician. He understands my illness and prescribes appropriate devotional therapy. He knows me better than I know myself.
A spiritual master knows what is the condition. Just like a physician knows. By simply feeling the beating of pulse, a... An expert physician can know what is the condition of this patient, and he treats him and gives him medicine accordingly. Similarly, a spiritual master who is actually spiritual master, he can know, he knows the pulse-beating of the disciple, and he therefore gives him particular kind of medicine so that he may be cured.
New Vrindaban, June 13, 1969
46. Srila Prabhupada is my misery remover. He takes away my attachment to bitter fruit. He replaces it with the pure taste of bhakti.
The most important characteristic of a pure devotee is that he is not lampata, or licentious, and another quality is that he is always eager to mitigate the miseries of suffering humanity. The most obnoxious misery of a living entity is his forgetfulness of Krsna. A pure devotee, therefore, always tries to evoke everyone's Krsna consciousness. This is the panacea for all miseries.
47. Srila Prabhupada is my dream destroyer. He obliterates all my hopes for material happiness. He will not permit anything that is unfavorable for the discharge of devotional service.
So far your thinking about things and making so many plans, that is all right, but our first business is Krishna's plan. That is the only plan, and no matter how many schemes we employ to adjust things in this material world, if they have no solid basis in Krishna's plan, they remain merely dreams of phantasmagoria. So in this Krishna Consciousness Movement, I am training boys and girls all over the world how to act nicely by practically serving Krishna in their everyday lives. That is more important than trying for something which I may like to do but which will never happen.
Srila Prabhupada letter
Sydney, April 10, 1972
48. Srila Prabhupada is my gold prospector. He mines the hidden treasure of my heart. When the time is right he will reveal my true identity.
A living entity in the conditioned stage can uncover his aptitude for serving the Absolute Truth by the grace of Krsna and the spiritual master. Then the Lord reveals Himself within his heart, and he can know that Krsna is seated in the heart of every pure devotee.
CC, Adi 1.62
That will be revealed when you are perfect in Krsna Consciousness. Brahma-bhutah prasannatma na socati…you are freed from all material contamination and you are perfectly situated in devotional service it will be at once revealed, "Oh, you are related with Krsna…" You’ll have to wait for that.
Los Angeles, Nov 27, 1968
(Cont'd on next page.)