Meditations on the Infinite Qualities and Pastimes
Om Visnu-pada Paramahamsa Parivrajakacarya
Astottara Sata Sri Srimad
His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
by Paratrikananda dasa
97. Srila Prabhupada is my sublime addiction. I am enslaved by demon vices. To break my nasty habits, he has hooked me on his service.
O twice-born sages, by serving those devotees who are completely freed from all vice, great service is done. By such service, one gains affinity for hearing the messages of Vasudeva.
98. Srila Prabhupada is my family. Relationships of this life will not last. When everyone else is dead and gone, he will still be with me.
So far as I am concerned, I have accepted you as my disciple and you have accepted me as your spiritual father. This relationship cannot be ended anymore. It is eternal. So it will be my duty always to pray to Krishna for your further and further improvement in Krishna Consciousness, so you should go on serving this movement to your best capacity.
Srila Prabhupada letter
Los Angeles, July 9, 1969
99. Srila Prabhupada is my transcendental orator. He never stops speaking about Krsna. Sometimes I think he must be empowered by Anantadeva.
And what to speak of us? It is said also that Ananta, He has got unlimited faces, Anantadeva...You have seen the picture, Visnu... Holding over the head of Visnu is Ananta. Ananta-sayya. So Ananta, He has ananta hoods and ananta mouth and... Ananta means unlimited. And He is trying to chant the glories of the Supreme Personality of Godhead unlimitedly in unlimited time. Still, it is unfinished. Still, it is unfinished.
Gorakhpur, February 9, 1971
100. Srila Prabhupada is my catalyst for embarrassment. His flawless character puts me to shame. At times it’s hard to face him but his magic attraction prevents me from crawling away.
In the Tenth Canto, Fifty-first Chapter, verse 57, of the Srimad-Bhagavatam, there is the following statement by King Mucukunda: "My dear Lord, because of my bad deeds in the past I am everlastingly aggrieved. I am always suffering from my desires, but still my senses are never satisfied with material enjoyments. Somehow or other, by Your grace, I am now in a peaceful condition because I have taken shelter of Your lotus feet, which are always free from all lamentation, fear and death. O supreme protector, O supreme soul! O supreme controller! Kindly give me Your protection. I am so much embarrassed."
Nectar of Devotion
101. Srila Prabhupada is my timekeeper. He constantly reminds me that the clock is ticking. He does not want me to waste a moment of this life.
We consider our human life is very valuable, and before the next death we should prepare ourself to go back to home, back to Godhead. This is our philosophy. We cannot waste a minute time before the next death comes. That is our philosophy.
Honolulu, June 10, 1975
102. Srila Prabhupada is my seventh pushing. My tongue, belly, genitals, mind, anger and words all push me to hell. Prabhupada stands in their path and pushes me back to Godhead.
Prabhupada: Civilization means to push the man forward for perfection. That is civilization.
Prabhupada: Yes. Society and economic condition, everything should be so arranged that this human child should be gradually pushed for perfection of life, go back home, back to Godhead. This is civilization. And modern civilization is "Don't care for what is going to happen. So long you live, eat, drink, be merry, enjoy," that's all. Sense gratification.
New Mayapur, August 2, 1976
103. Srila Prabhupada is my most qualified celebrity. Of those who enjoy fame, he’s the only one who’s never let me down. His private life does not betray his public image.
Na hi gopyam hi sadhunam: "Sadhu, those who are saintly person, for them there is no secret." There is no secret. There is no privacy. A sadhu, sadhu has no privacy. Just now in our ordinary social affairs, there is difference between private life and his public life. Now, if somebody is teacher... Now, he is very good teacher. He can very good... He can explain very nicely a subject matter, but his private life is not very good. Then he is not a teacher. He is not a sadhu. That is Vedic conception. One must be a teacher according to his own behavior in life. There is no secrecy or privacy.
Govardhana Puja Lecture
New York, November 4, 1966
104. Srila Prabhupada is my sobriety. My intelligence is muted by the inebriety of self-indulgence. Prabhupada’s words revive my sanity.
This is good literature. It should be encouraged. People will become sane, understand what is his constitutional position.
Press Conference at Airport
Dallas, July 28, 1975
(Cont'd on next page.)