Meditations on the Infinite Qualities and Pastimes
Om Visnu-pada Paramahamsa Parivrajakacarya
Astottara Sata Sri Srimad
His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
by Paratrikananda dasa
25. Srila Prabhupada is my reflection. Remembering his name, his image, his activities, will carry one to the transcendental realm. He awards the nonpareil gift to indigent souls.
And to answer your last question, where will I go at the time of death if I am thinking of my spiritual master? You will go to Him just as Krsna says in Bhagavad-gita chapter 8-9 that whatever we are thinking about at the time of death--we shall attain to that nature without fail.
Srila Prabhupada letter
26. Srila Prabhupada is my real friend. Other friendship relies on false conceptions. His is based on knowledge of my true self.
Just like a small child is crying. Then what is the child's interest? It is searching after the mother's breast. So anyone who knows, immediately he takes the child and brings to the mother, "Take care of your child. She is crying." And the mother takes on the breast. The child is immediately happy. The child cannot express what does he want, but he is simply crying. But one who knows what for she is crying or he is crying, he takes that, he helps with the child, and then the child is happy….So those who are interested with the gross external energy and subtle external energy, their amibition of life will never be fulfilled. Durasaya. Those who are interested with Visnu, and one who is showing the path of Visnu, he is his real friend. One who is giving Krsna consciousness, he is the real friend of the world.
London, September 9, 1971
27. Srila Prabhupada is my salvation. A glimpse of his feet will vanquish lifetimes of sin. He is the vessel of purity.
Freedom from maya's influence is possible when one engages in the service of the great devotees (mahac-carana-seva). Without worshiping the lotus feet of a great devotee, one cannot be freed from maya's influence. Srila Narottama dasa Thakura therefore says, chadiya vaisnava seva nistara payeche keba: "Who has been freed from maya's clutches without serving the lotus feet of a Vaisnava?"
28. Srila Prabhupada is my intelligence. I do not function well when I shun his guidance. He is the direction of those who wish to avoid calamity.
So as the student is intelligent, the spiritual master is also gradually giving him more intelligence.
Honolulu, May 11, 1976
29. Srila Prabhupada is my compassion. I am often heartless and cold. He reminds me what it means to be a Vaisnava.
A person in Krsna consciousness, a devotee of the Lord, is always compassionate. He is not satisfied that only he himself is a devotee, but he tries to distribute the knowledge of devotional service to everyone. There are many devotees of the Lord who faced many risks in distributing the devotional service of the Lord to people in general. That should be done.
Prabhupada: How we can stop spreading Krsna consciousness? It is not possible.
Devotee: You told me that unless one is compassionate...
Prabhupada: He cannot become Vaisnava.
Bombay, April 5, 1977
30. Srila Prabhupada is my favorite author. I like his books. He writes to free humanity.
I am writing books. I am not being forced by anyone. Everyone can do that. Why one does not do it? Why I get up at night, one o'clock, and do this job? Because I cannot do without it. How one will do it artificially? This is quality. Therefore they like my purports.
Nairobi, November 2, 1975
31. Srila Prabhupada is my window to the spiritual world. Through him I can see God. He is the transparent via media to Krsna.
Just as a defective eye cannot see without the via medium of spectacles, so one cannot approach the Supreme Lord without the transparent via medium of the spiritual master. "Transparent" means that the via medium must be free of contamination. If it is transparent, one can see through it.
The Highest Love
32. Srila Prabhupada is my ability. I can’t do anything right. He teaches me how to work in Krsna consciousness.
Yes, you do not know how to serve Krishna, so you simply assist your guru -- we must always think like this, that I do not know how to serve Radha and Krishna, but my Spiritual Master knows so I am assisting him.
Srila Prabhupada letter
Tokyo, April 25, 1972
(Cont'd on next page.)